Rewards points special report: Mortgages with great points & loyalty bonuses
Ever wondered if it were possible to earn a large number of rewards points with your mortgage repayments? Well actually, these days, with the right strategy it is.
Boost your points balance on with the following Naritas lender partners who offer mortgage products to cover a wide range of home finance requirements. NB: We’re adding new lenders & offers periodically- so expect updates to this page in future.
Jump to section:
- Qudos Bank (Qantas Rewards)
- Macquarie Bank (Qantas Rewards)
- Virgin Money (Velocity Rewards)
- Make an enquiry
Qantas Points Home Loan
In their words:
The more rewarding home loan. With a competitive rate and great features & benefits, you could be flying to your dream destination sooner than you think with our Qantas Points Home Loan!
Features & Benefits:
- Earn 150 Qantas Points1 for every $1000 on your loan balance per annum
- $0 annual fee (on select products)
- 100% offset account available (on select products)
- Qantas Points credited monthly based on your average monthly balance
Get a $1500 Qantas Gift Voucher when you select Naritas to arrange your new Qudos mortgage
When the team at Naritas helps you borrow a minimum of $500,000 a person of your choice will receive a $1500 Qantas Gift Voucher courtesy of Naritas.
Loans are subject to approval. Normal lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Mortgage insurance is required for home loans over 80% and is subject to approval.
^Available for new home loans over $150,000 with a deposit of 20% or more and applications received from 19 October 2017. Excludes existing loans, switching and variations. This offer can be withdrawn by Qudos Bank at any time.
1. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available online at qantas.com/terms. Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and subject to the Qantas Points Banking Rewards Terms and Conditions and your Qantas Points Home Loan Package Terms and Conditions available on the Qudos Bank website qudosbank.com.au/rewards. A joining fee usually applies, however, Qudos Bank has arranged to provide Qantas Frequent Flyer membership with the joining fee waived to Qudos Bank members who are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and who apply at qantas.com/joinffqudos. Qudos Bank recommends that you seek independent tax advice in respect of the tax consequences (including fringe benefits tax, and goods and services tax and income tax) arising from the use of this product or from participating in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program or from using any of the rewards or other available program facilities.
2. This joining fee waiver is offered by Qudos Bank and available to new applicants who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members and who apply for membership online at qantas.com/joinffqudos. This offer is non-transferable and not available in conjunction with any other offer. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and each application is subject to approval by Qantas.
#WARNING: This comparison rate applies to the example or the examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan. A home loan of $150,000, a term of 25 years with a deposit of 20% or more and a monthly repayment frequency have been used to calculate our comparison rate.
Qudos Bank is the issuer, offeror and administrator of the Qudos Bank Qantas Points Banking products and is a credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit laws.
Before opening this home loan with us, you should read the Qantas Points Banking Terms and Conditions, our Financial Services Guide and to see our terms and conditions, call us on 1300 747 747.
Rates current as at 19 October 2017.
RewardMe Home Loan
In their words:
Our Reward Me Home Loan is built to reward and thank you for your loyalty.
Features & Benefits:
- 100% interest offset (on select products)
- Unlimited additional repayments (on select products)
- Rate discounts based on LVR & loan size.
- Velocity Points on settlement , monthly and every 3 years.
Get a $1500 Virgin Gift Voucher when you select Naritas to arrange your new Virgin Money RewardMe Home loan
When the team at Naritas helps you borrow a minimum of $500,000 a person of your choice will receive a $1500 Virgin Gift Voucher courtesy of Naritas.
Home Loans: Virgin Money (Australia) Pty Limited ABN 75 103 478 897 promotes and distributes the companion account and the home loans as the authorised representative and credit representative of the issuer and credit provider, Bank of Queensland Limited ABN 32 009 656 740, Australian Credit Licence/AFSL 244 616 (the ‘Lender’).
The Lender’s standard credit assessment criteria apply. Interest rates quoted are indicative only, and are subject to change without notice. See fees and charges that may be payable.
#Comparison rate: Comparison rate calculated on a loan amount of $150,000 for a term of 25 years. For fixed rates, the comparison rate is also based on an LVR of 80% or less. These rates are for secured lending only. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. Rates and fees are subject to change without notice. Comparison rate for variable Interest Only loans are based on an initial 5 year Interest Only period. Comparison rates for fixed interest only loans are based on an initial Interest Only period equal in length to the fixed period. During an interest only period, your interest only payments will not reduce your loan balance. This may mean you pay more interest over the life of the loan.
Canstar: The Virgin Money Reward Me – Owner Occupied Var 80 has been awarded CANSTAR’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value Home Loans – Variable Home Loan – Owner Occupied on the 29th March 2017. Refer to the 2017 CANSTAR Home Loan Star Ratings results available here for further details.
Insurance Products: Virgin Car, Virgin Home & Contents Insurance, Virgin Life Insurance and Virgin Income Protection Insurance are promoted by Virgin Money (Australia) Pty Limited (Virgin Money) as the Authorised Representative No. 280884 of Virgin Money Financial Services Pty Ltd AFSL 286869. Car, Home and Contents: Auto & General Services Pty Ltd (ABN 61 003 617 909; AFSL 241411) arranges the insurance on behalf of the product issuer, Auto & General Insurance Company Limited (ABN 42 111 586 353; AFSL 285571). Life and Income Protection: distributed by TAL Direct Pty Limited ABN 39 084 666 017 AFSL 243260. Policies administered and claims paid by TAL Direct under an agreement with the insurer. St Andrew’s Insurance (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 89 075 044 656 AFSL 239649 issues the Involuntary Unemployment Cover. All other benefits insured by TAL Life Limited ABN 70 050 109 450 AFSL 237848. Product Disclosure Statements are available for download from virginmoney.com.au and should be considered prior to making any financial decision. Information on our insurance products is of a general nature only and does not take into account your personal financial situation, needs or objectives. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of this information, having regard to your personal financial situation, needs and objectives as well as the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide before deciding whether to buy or to continue to hold this product.
Credit Cards: Virgin Money (Australia) Pty Limited ABN 75 103 478 897 (“Virgin Money”) distributes the Virgin Money Credit Cards (“Credit Cards”) as the authorised credit representative of Bank of Queensland Limited ABN 32 009 656 740, Australian credit licence 244616 (“BOQ”). Citigroup Pty Ltd ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL/Australian credit licence 238098 (“Citibank”) is the credit provider and issuer of the Credit Cards. All interest rates shown are variable. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card. Permanent residents must earn at least $25,000 p.a. for the Virgin Money No Annual Fee Card, $35,000 p.a. for the Virgin Money Low Rate Card and Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card or $75,000 p.a. for the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card. Approval is subject to Citibank’s credit criteria.
BOQ does not and will not guarantee or otherwise support Citibank’s obligations under the contracts or agreements connected with the Credit Cards and Citibank will not guarantee or otherwise support BOQ’s obligations under the home loans.
Virgin Money’s exclusive home loan offers cannot be combined with other Virgin Money credit card or Virgin insurance offers and do not apply to any renewal offers of insurance. Virgin Money reserves the right to change or withdraw these exclusive offers at any time without notice.
Flyer Home Loan
In their words:
Earn Qantas Points when you choose a Macquarie Bank Flyer Home Loan#, and you’ll be well and truly on your way to your next reward.
With a feature-rich Macquarie Bank Flyer Home Loan, you’ll not only save with a low rate of 3.94% pa+ (variable and comparison rate~~ when you borrow up to 80% of the property value with an owner occupied, principal and interest Basic Flyer Home Loan), you’ll also earn Qantas Points~ upfront and every month for the life of your loan.
Features & Benefits:
- 10,000 Qantas Points for every $100,000 drawn down at settlement as an introductory gift (calculated to the nearest point)
- 1,000 Qantas Points each month for the life of your loan, as long as your outstanding loan balance is at least $150,000**, plus
- 25,000 bonus Qantas Points on the third and fifth anniversaries of your loan, calculated from the day of settlement, as long as the outstanding loan balance is at least $150,000**.
- That could mean 160,000 Qantas Points on a $500,000 home loan over the first 5 years. Where could your home loan take you?
- Free Qantas membership – Qantas membership is usually $89.50 but Macquarie Bank will also waive this as part of the loan.
Get a $1500 Qantas Gift Voucher when you select Naritas to arrange your new Macquarie Flyer Home Loan
When the team at Naritas helps you borrow a minimum of $500,000 a person of your choice will receive a $1500 Qantas Voucher courtesy of Naritas.
The team at Naritas are experts in delivering timely guidance & finance approvals. We have over 100 lenders on our panel & a high quality team of dedicated credit advisers to steer you efficiently through the approval process.
^Naritas Finance Voucher Offer Terms & Conditions:
- This offer is provided by Naritas Finance Pty Ltd ABN 74 096 341 061 of Level 1, 357 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088 (“Naritas”).
- This offer commences 26 October 2017 and closes 30 December 2017 (“Offer Period”).
- This offer is open to Australian residents only.
- A Qantas or Virgin Australia Voucher will be issued under the voucher offer (“Voucher Offer”) will be given for home loans settled during the Offer Period subject to conditions 5 to 15 below.
- A borrower must use Naritas to arrange a Macquarie Bank, Qudos Bank or Virgin Money (“Eligible Lender”) home loan and must not be an existing customer of the lender. A borrower’s loan application in conjunction with this Voucher Offer will be subject to the usual lender credit assessment and approval processes.
- The Voucher Offer is $1500 where the total loan financed is $500,000 or more, either jointly or individually with an Eligible Lender.
- The initial loan application must be received during the Offer Period.
- The approved loan must be funded by 28 February 2018.
- A borrower is eligible for a Voucher Offer only once during the Offer Period. Once a loan application that is eligible for a Voucher Offer is received, no further loans which include that borrower, jointly or individually will be eligible for a Voucher Offer.
- Fees and charges apply to loans taken out under this Voucher Offer. Refer to the lender issued PDS and fees and charges brochure.
- The Voucher Offer will be issued to a nominated recipient of the applicant. The Voucher Offer will not be made to the borrower in “cash” (i.e. notes and/or coin) or cheque.
- Once issued a nominated recipient or applicant cannot transfer or assign their right to the Voucher Offer to any other person.
- Naritas accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Voucher Offer. The borrower should seek their own independent advice in this regard.
- This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotional offer Naritas has.
- Participation in the Voucher Offer is deemed acceptance of these terms.