Building, Contents & Home Insurance

Building or Home insurance

  • Depending on the type of loan you have, it may be compulsory for you to take out building or home insurance to safeguard the lender’s interest in the property. Even if this is not mandatory, it is strongly advisable.
  • Building or home insurance covers you for damages to your property or its fixtures. Depending on your level of cover, you may be able to protect yourself for anything from fire and storm damage to burglary.
  • Essentially, home insurance covers the cost of restoring your property to its present condition if it is damaged. Make sure you read and understand the policy as insurance cover can vary from issuer to issuer. Also, don’t underestimate insurance costs, as you may end up out of pocket should disaster strike.

Contents insurance

  • Contents insurance protects you in the case of loss or damage to your personal belongings and items in your home, such as white goods, clothing and furniture. While you may already have contents insurance, it’s a good idea to update it after a move in to a new property – especially if you’ve decked out your new house with brand new furniture and appliances.
  • You’ll usually have a choice between two types of contents insurance: a policy that replaces the old goods with new ones or you can opt for an indemnity policy, under which you’ll receive the depreciated value of what was damaged.

Why choose Naritas to assist with your insurance needs?