What is a complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction conveyed about a product, advice or service offered or provided.
Making a complaint
Here you can find information about how you can raise a complaint with us, how it will be resolved and what to do if you’re still not satisfied. How to contact us
What information would assist?
- Please provide your address phone number and email address so that we can easily contact you
- Please provide any relevant documents and other supporting information
- Let us know how you would like your complaint resolved
When you make a complaint to us we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint
- Investigate your complaint
- Aim to find a fair resolution to your complaint
- Consider all relevant information
- Keep you informed of our progress
- If we anticipate that there will be a delay in determining your complaint we will advise you in writing, and advise you as to when you can expect a response
- Retain a record of your complaint
- Keep your information confidential
- Respond to your complaint, either in writing or verbally
- Advise you what to do if you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint
At Naritas we are committed to providing excellence in client support and service. If you are unhappy with a product or service, or we do not meet your expectations, we want to know. Complaints raised provide Naritas with information to enable us to improve on our commitment to our clients and the community.
Do you need additional assistance to make your complaint?
Naritas is committed to providing assistance to complainants. Examples may include:
- Assistance completing forms for those with limited literacy skill; and
- Interpreter assistance for people with limited English.
How long does it take?
We make the commitment to resolve complaints in a way that is suitable to both you and us, where possible; we will address your concern as quickly as possible.
In nearly all cases, you can expect your concern will be resolved within seven business days. However, depending on the nature of the issue, in the event it takes us longer than seven business days to resolve or investigate, we’ll ensure that you’re regularly updated.
If the outcome is not in your favour, we will advise you of the reasons for our determination referring, where appropriate, to the Terms and Conditions of the product or applicable legislative provisions, codes, standards or procedures.
What if I’m not satisfied?
If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint you can escalate your complaint to be reviewed by our Review Committee (‘the Committee’).
The Committee is represented by senior members of staff other than the person making the original determination.
Once all relevant information has been received the Committee must consider the complaint within 28 days. If we are unable to provide a final response within 28 days we will advise you of the delay and reason, and request an extension no longer than 45 days from receiving the initial complaint.
To have your complaint reviewed by the Committee, your complaint must be in writing addressed to:
[email protected] ATTN: Naritas Review Committee
Naritas Review Committee
PO Box 524
Neutral Bay NSW 2089
What if I remain dissatisfied?
If you are not happy with the response we provide, you may refer your complaint to the finance industry external dispute resolution scheme.
Over the phone: 1800 931 678